Home      2017 Meetings Reports

  CHESHIRE CLUBS CRICKET COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the Planning Meeting of the Executive of the Cheshire Clubs` Cricket Committee held on Monday 20th February   2017 at Hale Barns Cricket Club

 

Present : D.Humpage (in the Chair), J.L.Petch (Secretary), S.Anderson (Treasurer), B.Huxley (Cheshire Association of Groundsmen), G.Coull (Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League), S.Needham ( Derbyshire & Cheshire Cricket League), I.Greensmith (Cheshire Umpires & Scorers Association), S.McCann ( Cheshire Women`s County Club), D.Totty (Cheshire Womens` Cricket League ), B.Boyes ( Cheshire County Cricket League ) and P.Hayes (Competitions Secretary).

Total   : ( 11 )

Apologies :   B.Bishop (Website), J.Rafferty ( Cheshire Cricket Alliance & West Rep),

M.Woollard ( C.C.B.Club & League Development Manager),   M.Hasprey ( East   Rep.), B.Birtles ( Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League) and P.Davies ( Cheshire Youth Cricket )   Total : ( 6 )

 

1.       CHAIRMAN`S WELCOME :

The Chairman thanked Hale Barns for the use of their facilities and welcomed Stuart Needham of Hawk Green C.C. representing the Derbyshire & Cheshire Cricket League and all other representatives to the meeting.

In the absence of MW, it was noted that his role is now of   : “Club and League Development Manager”. This allows for more discussion with leagues, senior & junior, both County League and the newly merged Ukfast League which is testament to the hard work and vision of the volunteers involved.

 

2. MINUTES

The Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 26th September 2016 were signed as a correct record. There were no matters arising other than those considered under the sections & paragraphs below

 

3. HON.TREASURER`S INTERIM REPORT

·          Current Bank balance £11079.00

·          Financial position very similar to that of 30/11/2016. Three cheques had been issued since then.

·          Collection of affiliation fees will start in April with arrangements to be agreed with the newly merged League.

·          The outstanding fees owed by Parkfield Liskard had been paid.

 

4.ACTION LIST 2015

Based on the 2015-17 Development Plan , the Action List for 2017 had been revised and highlighted in red and copies of this latter document had been circulated.   Discussion related to the progress since the last Planning Meeting on 26/09/2016 on the 11 AIMS within the revised Development Plan and the 25 Actions listed.

Improve Status of Cricket in the Community

1.       This action, redrafted in 2017, related to “Advice and Assistance” to clubs who had a “diminishing player base” which might affect the maintenance of senior /junior teams and “Clubmark” status. This Committee upon referral from the Leagues would offer support to struggling clubs for sustainability purposes. It was too early at this stage to know if clubs were experiencing difficulties in player retention for the coming season.

2.       It was the target to increase the number of clubs with junior sections. In this respect the ECB E.L.P “All Stars” initative for 5 – 8 year olds was developing apace. Over 60 Clubs attended a “Roadshow” at Old Trafford and 48 have signed up to date. A second tranche of 14 Clubs would attend a localised Roadshow at Warrington in late February.

3.       &.4. Clubmark would now be an online resource as part of the “My Club” online facility which will enable ECB to contact clubs directly and hold relevant information, whilst linking with DBS system, online bookings and of course Clubmark. This is a huge step forward and whilst CCB would need to convince some clubs of its benefits and train them in the use of it , in the longer term it would minimise bureaucracy for all clubs, not just accredited ones. D.C.O`s are being trained in the use of this resource to enable them to support clubs in its use.

5     There were no developments as regards Focus Clubs and re-accreditation.

6.       Generally there was no problem with requests to focus clubs to host representative cricket matches.

7.         C.I.L.S : The proposed merger of the C.C.L and C.C.A was approved at recent AGM`s held by both Leagues. The initial Management Meeting of the new League would be held on 23rd February to elect Officers and to adopt a revised Constitution and proposals to change rules.

8.       C.W.C.L : For season 2017, Astley Bridge and Northop Hall have resigned however Chester Boughton Hall will enter a Development team in div. 3. Leigh will start in Div.2 having been promoted.

The opening League fixtures start on 23rd April . Fixtures have been slightly revised and can be viewed on Play Cricket or on Pitchero.

Clubs were invited to the ECB “ All Star Initative ( See para 2 above ) Roadshow run by C.C.B and held at Warrington

9.       C.WC.C.C : A new Player Pathway has been put in place which will allow players to progress from the Cheshire youth set-up to Lancashire 2nd team and above. Lancs 2nd team will have a structured programme of fixtures against the 2nd teams of other Div One Counties in 2017.

Cheshire`s senior team will now only compete in the T20 Championship and not in the 50 over Competition. Cheshire Players are free to approach Lancashire or any other county for their 50 Over cricket whilst remaining with Cheshire for T20.

A seminar was held in January at Warrington Sports Club to discuss the growth of Women and Girls cricket in Cheshire . The C.W.C.L & C.W .C.C. had a presentation slot as part of the proceedings which was very well attended.

Development of Club Resources

10. No. of CASC clubs remained at 69 (i.e 58 focus & 11 non focus clubs).

11. Development Plans :   They do not need to be “on line” for ECB but CCB required them however a hard copy was essential and for simplicity it should be on one page of A4, laminated and distributed to all club members. A template was available on CCCC/CCB website.

12. District Forums were still active and some Autumn/Winter   meetings had been held.

13. The “Sources of Grant Aid” in on-line format had been produced in 2015 and distributed to all affiliated clubs. The next edition was due in 2018.

Development of Club Facilities

14. The CAG had been busy since the October AGM. The Newsletter for February had been sent out and CAG was more interactive with a Facebook Group set up over the close season. It has 43 members including Nick James and Ian Mather – Brewster of the I.O.G.

https: //www.facebook.com/groups/1277778455587785/?ref=aymt homepage panel

The website is www.cag.org.uk

Meetings with both ECB Pitch Inspectors had been arranged for 27th February at Oakmere C.C.( Paul Ager ) and 6th March at Hyde C.C. ( Nick James).

Open Meeting on Monday 27th March at Timperley C.C. with Dr. Kate Entwistle who was an expert on Turf Disease.

Courses :

Level 1A – Spring Preparation on Wednesday 29th March at Warrington C.C.

Level 1B – Autumn Renovation on Tuesday 5th September at Bramhall C.C.

Disposal of CAG equipment had proved problematical. It was hoped that Host Clubs could share the purchase cost with other local clubs with the aim to keep the machinery in the areas where they would most be used. Hopefully this matter would be resolved shortly. The spikers were housed at Bramhall and Tattenhall and the Autorake at Sale.

CAG requested that all League Handbooks should contain contact details of Club Groundsmen.

15. Facilities Prioritisation Panel

The FPP had met on 3rd February and 30 Cheshire Clubs would benefit to the sum of circa £70k, being 12 for covers and /or sheeting and bow drys and the remaining 18 for such disparate projects as patios, kitchens, furniture, white goods and lighting. The C.C.B had agreed to contribute £15k approx. in addition to the £55k from ECB under the ECB Small Grants Scheme.

16. Ground Facilities

Nothing to report

17. Other ECB Grants / External Funding

MW had met with ECB on 17th February to discuss several projects for potential ECB Grant Aid Funding. Further investigation required to establish which schemes can be supported during 2017.

18. Senior Recreational Cricket

The Chairman was providing regular reports to the CCB meetings.

There had been sound progress with the merger of the C.C.L and C.C.A discussed at   para. 7 above.

19. Adult Participation

The Cheshire County Cricket League had found an organiser for clubs wishing to play Sunday Friendly fixtures. 16 Clubs had confirmed that they intended to participate. The purpose was to encourage junior or senior players of any age or ability who may not wish to play league or Saturday cricket as a means of retaining them as participants.

20.   Structured Cricket for the Disabled

·          LD Tri Nations : All grounds sorted plus a couple of matches for the competing nations. It was unanimously agreed that all representative bodies in Cheshire should give   publicity to this tournament.

·          Recent Table Cricket Competition at Warrington with 4 schools attending. Winner going to Regional Competition at Old Trafford.

·          lD/PD squad applying for external funding for clothing in line with other Cheshire County teams

·          VI squad already have a near full fixture list and will also be playing county T20 matches as in 2016.

·          Gareth Moorhouse ,who has done a fantastic job on the “ Allstars” Programme, would be taking on the Disability remit as part of his Participation role.

21.   Provision of Coaches for SRC

There were now over 400 qualified coaches in the County.

22.   Provision of Umpires & Scorers for SRC

The C.U. & S.C AGM would be held on 9th March.

ECBACO Level 1 courses had been held on Sunday`s 13th & 20th November at Toft and the next courses were on Saturday`s 4th & 11th March 2017 at Oakmere.

Level 1A courses on Sundays 2nd & 9th April 2017 at Toft C.C.

Level 2/2c on Sunday`s 5th & 12th March 2017 at Oakmere C.C.

The Cheshire County Cricket League had organised refresher courses for all umpires which had been held at Oakmere C.C. and at Toft C.C. which had been well attended.

John Lofthouse had produced a Paper outlining the progression pathway for Umpires within the Cheshire set up.

  It was acknowledged that there was no reason why umpires officiating in the D & C.C.L could not interchange with the Cheshire Leagues.

James Emmerson had produced the Winter Edition of Cheshire Scorers Update and had arranged 2017 Training Courses for beginners in March and Advanced Scoring in April, details were included in the Update.

23.   Child Welfare Policy

Andy Margeson had confirmed his intention to step down at the end of 2017. The advertisement relating to this position had been put on hold until April as there appears to be several changes proposed by ECB in relation to CWO roles.

Andy had drafted an article which would be reproduced in all Leagues` Handbooks. It was agreed that JLP would send a copy to the D & C.C.League who may not be aware of it.

24.     Club Administration / Volunteers

No report

       25. Development Plan

The D.P. had been updated in 2015 for a 3 year term which would end in 2017.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

·          The draw took place for the Cheshire Cup and Cheshire Shield Competition, full details of which can be found on the website.

28 clubs had entered the Cup and 18 in the Shield, all of whom had paid the £50.00 deposit in the event of forfeiting or withdrawing from matches.

·          Cheshire has formed an Over 70`s team captained by Ken Crofton of Birkenhead Park. The Over 60`s will be captained by Nick Sharp and the O.60`s 2nd XI by Bob Ashley. There will be a Jamaican Tour and a “Grey” Ashes Tour match with Cheshire on 17th July 2017.

 

6.       NEXT MEETINGS

Executive : Monday 8th May     2017   at 8.00.p.m. at Oulton Park C.C.

Executive : Monday 24th July     2017 at 8.00 p.m. at Oulton Park C.C.

Planning   : Monday 25th Sept.   2017 at 8.00.p.m   at Hale Barns C.C.

Executive : Monday 30th Oct.     2017 at 8.00 p.m   at Hale Barns C.C.

 

The Chairman thanked those in attendance and closed the meeting at 9.15 p.m.

                       

 

 








CLUBS` CRICKET COMMITTEE

 

            Minutes of the Executive Committee Meeting held on 24th July 2017

                                                at Oulton Park Cricket Club

 

Present : D.Humpage (in the Chair), J.L.Petch (Secretary / Cheshire County Cricket Club Rep.), S.Anderson (Treasurer), P.Davies ( Cheshire Youth Cricket),

M.Hasprey (East Region Representative), B.Birtles (Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League) B.Boys (Vivio Cheshire County Cricket League), A.Margeson (Cheshire County Welfare Officer), M.Woollard ( C.C.B. Club & League Development Manager),

I Greensmith (Cheshire Umpires and Scorers Assocation), B.Huxley ( Cheshire Association of Groundsmen) & P. Hayes (Competitions Secretary ) :   Total :12

 

Apologies : B.Bishop (Website Co-ordinator), D.Totty ( Cheshire Womens` Cricket League), S.McCann (C.W.C.C.C.), J.Rafferty ( West Region Representative)   and G. Moorhouse (C.C.B Communications Manager) : Total : 5

 

  1. CHAIRMAN`S WELCOME

The Chairman thanked Su Ramsbottom & Oulton Park C.C for the use of their facilities. Heartfelt thanks were due to Mike Woollard who would be retiring on 31st August so that this would be his final Meeting. Mike had diligently   served Cheshire Cricket and its clubs over many years. It was anticipated that Gareth Moorhouse would attend in his stead.

 

  1. MINUTES

The Minutes of the Executive Meeting held on 08/05/2017 were signed as a correct record. There were no matters arising.

 

  1. CORRESPONDENCE

·          There had been an issue at Oxton C.C. re balls being hit from the second ground into neighbouring property on a new housing development. There was a related matter at Heaton Mersey Village C.C. where it was proposed to erect 23 metre high nets or fencing to stop balls entering a new housing development. Other clubs e.g Alvanley and Aston had also experienced problems with occupiers of houses adjacent to the boundary. As more housing developments are given planning permission close to established cricket grounds, it was suggested that Clubs should contact their Local Government Planning Officer to suggest that the developers at their own expense ensure that adequate   fencing is erected between houses and cricket grounds

·            An advertisement had been circulated for the County Welfare Officers position

 

  1. CHILD PROTECTION ISSUES

AM considered that during 2017 there were better results from DBS checks thanks to the various Leagues` heeding his message for more vigilance. He and MW had worked   through the names in League and Club Handbooks of those requiring DBS Certificates. A list of Clubs with DBS issues would be sent to League Secretaries.

There was a County Welfare Officers meeting held on 25th May. The Safe Hands Folder was being reviewed with slight changes or amendments to the Club Action Plan, Juniors in open age cricket, Photography and Filming, Showering & Changing, formal adopting of a Club Policy Statement

(but most Cheshire Clubs have done this via Clubmark)

The new on line DBS system is now available for the All Star Programme which involves over 50 clubs. A recent application took 24 hours for the Form to be filled in and the certificate issued and received within a couple of days.

Finally AM emphasised that if any junior (Under 18) is involved in Disciplinary Proceedings whether as a witness or defendant then the C.W.O needs to be informed. He was currently investigating an ongoing matter involving a match in the D.& C.C.L

 

  1. HON. TREASURER`S INTERIM REPORT

·          Current Bank balance £9805.00

·          Affiliation fees received from Derbyshire & Cheshire League and 5 individual clubs. Fees still awaited from the main main Cheshie Leagues, The Chester & District Midweek League & 9 other individual clubs. Help was offered by MH & MW in speaking to certain clubs

·          Cheshire Cup & Shield : 11 concessions to date had resulted in £550 being banked. 4 clubs owe umpires expenses and / or teas from late cancellations. It is hoped to get these items cleared up very soon.

·          ( For clarification ) The Hon Treasurer`s new e mail address was : stuart.anderson2885@gmail.com

 

  1. DEVELOPMENT PLAN and ACTION LIST 2017

Based on the 2015 – 17 Development Plan, the Action List for 2017 had been revised and considered at the Planning Meeting held on 20/02/17 and the next meeting to be held on 25/09/2017.

JLP & MW`s successor would be meeting towards the end of the calendar year to review the Development Plan & Action List for 2018.

 

  1. FACILITIES PRIORITISATION REPORT

ECBGAP funding involving Haslington, who intended to purchase the freehold of their ground, had been cancelled as someone else had bought it or taken the lease. Hollingworth with a pavilion development funded in conjunction with the F.A. was deferred to 2018 but may have to compete with any other projects at that time. However the monies would still be put to use at Alvanley C.C. with netting to stop balls landing in neighbouring properties.

The application for major development of ground and facilities at Sale Sports Club would now be in 2018.

           

8.       CLUB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER`S REPORT

Re-accreditation of Clubmark was now an online resource as part of “My Club” to enable ECB to contact clubs directly and be interactive with other ECB systems such as DBS. This will affect every ECB affiliated club but for 2017 there are 28 Clubs due to re-accredit by end of September and 5 new Clubs seeking affiliation.

The ECB E.L.P “ All Stars” programme for 5 – 8 year olds anticipated 18,000 children joining in the U.K and is developing apace.

For all clubs not re-accrediting the Annual Health Check required on line completion.

Although a number of nominations had been received for the O.S.C.A`s they were all in the categories of Lifetime Achiever or Heartbeat of the Club.IG had nominated an umpire for Officials. Several categories had no nominations.

 

  1. PLAYER PARTICIPATION

The merger between C.C.L and C.C.A had gone well with a few teething problems such as the League`s Executive Committee needed more volunteers. With 8 weeks remaining there had been 22 concessions but this was a better number than 2016. Clubs using second grounds needed to have the facilities inspected. It was a huge undertaking for the Chair of the Ground inspection Committee.

The C.C.L.T20 K.O Cup now had a Plate Competition for 1st Round losers providing more midweek T20 matches.

In John Wright`s absence, ECB were still keen to engage with leagues to discuss areas that may enhance participation notably T20 cricket. There was however plenty of Sunday League and Friendly matches promoted and arranged by Marcus Fisher c/o   C.C.C.L during 2017. A Meeting would be held post season to review both League & friendly Cricket on Sundays.

 

  1. WOMEN`S CRICKET

In the absence of DT & SMcC, there was no report.

As ever, information on the progress of the C.W.C.L./C.C.C.C was reported and publicised by the   Dazzler” newsletter

The C.C.B would be hosting three Super” Softball Festivals this summer in support of the ICC Women`s World Cup, the venues being   at Timperley C.C (held on 2nd July), Warrington C.C. (30th July ) and Chester Boughton Hall

  (6th August). It would be open to women of all abilities and Jess Lewis at the C.C.B was willing to offer taster sessions at clubs prior to the events.

The Cheshire Women`s League XI would host the M.C.C at Ashton on Mersey on Friday 4th August.

Congratulations were offered to the England Women`s Tean who won the World Cup beating India at Lords.

 

  1. UMPIRES & SCORERS ASSOCIATION

The number of qualified umpires has increased. Enquiries for umpires have been received form outside the County. There was better co-operation between The Umpires Associations from different leagues. There was no “ Premier” panel in the Ukfast C.C.L.

IG had attended an ECBACO Council Meeting at Leicester and there was considerable discussion on Education and Training. They are currently developing an on line course but with Law changes due in October it is not yet possible to complete. We have however been told not to hold any courses this year before Christmas till the new changes are confirmed, hopefully this will not affect our recruitment drive for more umpires. There will be a Level One course in the New year and a Level one A which will be accessed on line.

Cheshire will host the ECBACO AGM at Hyde C.C on 26th November 2017.

  1. CRICKET FOR THE DISABLED

The Tri- Nations LD Competition held in Cheshire was a roaring success. ECB and the participating Countries lauded CCB and the 8 clubs who hosted one or more matches :- Bramhall, Chester B.H., Grappenhall, Nantwich, Neston, Oxton, Tattenhall and Toft.

CCB has agreed to find both the LD & PD squads for clothing in line with other county teams.

The VI team are seeking a fixture on 6th August and will also be playing County T20 matches as in 2016.

Jess Lewis will be adding Disability to her CCB role.

 

  1. CHESHIRE CUP / SHIELD COMPETITIONS 2017

The Cup has reached the semi final stage with the quarter final match between Neston and Hyde outstanding, The Shield Final is between Romiley and Ashton on Mersey on Sunday 20th August.

The non returnable deposit upon withdrawal had been a success. 11 Clubs had failed to play their matches.

It was agreed to hold a meeting before the end of September to review the Cheshire Cup for 2018 :- PH, PD, MH, DH, IG & BB to attend.

 

  1. SMALL GRANTS SUB- COMMITTEE

  There had been no applications.

 

  1. CHESHIRE ASSOCIATION of GROUNDSMEN

The July edition of the Newsletter had just been issued.

The Level 1 Autumn Renovation to be held on Tuesday 5th September at Bramhall C.C. which is fully subscribed.

The Level 2 Course will be held on Saturday 14th October at Bramhall C.C. There are 4 participants to date with the cosyt for CAG members reduced to £138 for course fee and refreshments

A Level 3 IOG course which is aimed at senior groundmen and administrators can be arranged if there is sufficient interest

The AGM will be held at Timperley C.C on Monday 13th November.

The Facebook Group now had over 60 members including IOG and 4 C`s members It had progressed as   a useful medium for sharing ideas and considering ground problems.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1277778455587786

The machinery held by C.A.G had now been sold. It was hoped that the purchasers would permit local clubs to use the equipment if requested.

Problems at Timperley C.C.

The Club had obtained a Sport England Grant to re-do squares and improve outfield drainage however the latter was not completed until the end of March and following the dry spring, the slits in the outfields had not germinated . With 6 weeks of the season left there was still no cricket being played on the main field whilst the second ground had recently been passed fit for League/ Junior   matches below Premier League status. The recent CAG   Newsletter had indicated that a Report had been obtained from Mr Agar, an ECB North West Pitch advisor and passed to the club and the 4 C`s . Unfortunately this was incorrect as the 4 C`s had not been contacted nor involved at any stage of the outfield work. The issue of “ Fitness to play” which also involved health and safety aspects and the duty of care to players was a matter to be determined between the Club, the League(s) of which it was a member and the Cheshire Umpires and Scorers Association.  

 

  1. CHESHIRE CRICKET BOARD LIMTED

The next C.C.B meeting would be held on Friday 8th September 2017 at Moss Farm, Northwich.

 

  1. CHESHIRE COUNTY CRICKET CLUB

Two wins out of four matches placed Cheshire in 2nd position, 21 points behind Berkshire with two games left – Away at Wiltshire and Home v Oxfordshire.

MCCA had proposed the introduction of a regionalised T20 Competition with quarter& semi finals and finals. The 50 Over Competition would revert to a straight K.O with a preliminary round to reduce 20 clubs to 16 etc. The 3 day Championship would start in late June. It was likely that all or a large majority of clubs would be in favour of these proposals.

As the T20 would start in mid April and be played over 5 Sundays and 2 Bank Holidays, the Competition could affect players involved in the early rounds of the Cheshire Cup ( See Para 12 above )

 

      18. CHESHIRE YOUTH CRICKET

There was no report

 

      19. CHESHIRE COACHES ASSOCIATION

There was no report.

 

      20. CCCC WEBSITE

There had been no issues raised by Barry Bishop.

 

      21. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

There had been a meeting with Readers and an improved ball supplied by Readers for trials . 11 of the 12 Premier Clubs were in favour of the ball supplied. The C.C.A had an unused supply of balls acquired from Dukes which were now being used. The time to review the substantial value of the contracts with the suppliers would be at the end of the season.

 

      22. NEXT MEETINGS

Planning    : Monday 25th September2017 at 8.00 p.m   at Hale Barns C.C.

Executive   : Monday 30th October     2017 at 8.00.p.m. at Hale Barns C.C.

 

The Chairman thanked those in attendance and closed the meeting at

9.55 p.m.

    

 

 

 







MINUTES OF ALL 2017 COMMITTEE MEETINGS.


  CHESHIRE CLUBS` CRICKET COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Monday 20th February 2017

at Hale Barns Cricket Club

 

Present : D.Humpage (Chairman), J.L.Petch (Secretary), S.Anderson (Treasurer),

P.Hayes ( Competitions Secretary), B.Boys (Vivio Cheshire County Cricket League), G. Coull   (Ukfast   Cheshire Cricket League), S.Needham ( Derbyshire & Cheshire Cricket League), I.Greensmith ( Cheshire Umpires & Scorers Association),

B.Huxley ( C.A.G.),   D.Totty ( Cheshire Women`s Cricket League) and  

S.McCann ( Cheshire Women`s County C.C./C.W.C.L.) together with representatives from Hawk Green   and Hale Barns C.C.`s.

Apologies for absence :

M.Woollard (CCB Club and League Development Manager), J.Rafferty ( Cheshire Cricket Alliance), M.Hasprey ( East Representative,) P.Davies ( Cheshire Youth Cricket) and B. Bishop (Website) and representatives from Wallasey, Elworth   and Toft C.C.`s

 

1.         The Minutes of the AGM held on 9th May 2016 , having been circulated to all member clubs and representatives, were taken as read and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.

 

2.         Chairman`s Report

The Chairman welcomed Stuart Needham of The Derbyshire & Cheshire Cricket League and all representatives of member clubs` and Leagues and Cheshire Cricket Associations and representative bodies and thanked them for their attendance.. He wished to offer thanks to all concerned who had contributed to the C.C.C.C particularly John Petch & Stuart Anderson as Secretary and Treasurer respectively and especially Mike Woollard of C.C.B.   He concluded that a major step forward had been taken with the merger of the C.C.L and C.C.A where much hard work had been put in by their League Officials.

 

3. & 4. Hon. Treasurer`s Report and Adoption of 2015 - 16 Annual Accounts

The Treasurer presented the audited Income & Expenditure Account and Balance Sheet for the financial year ended 30th November 2016.

Income : £7735.00 from Affiliation fees ( £25.00 per team per club ) & negligible bank interest.

Total    :                £7737.00

 

Expenditure :    £ 977.00                    Cheshire Cup/Shield

                          £1401.00                    Cricket for the Disabled

                          £2000.00                    Grant for C.A.Groundsmen

                          £   200.00                    Small Grants Scheme

                          £1500.00                    Umpires & Scorers Association

                                                   

Total                   £6078.00

The Excess of Income over Expenditure produced a surplus of £1659.00

Balance Sheet : £11630.00                 General Fund

 

 

 

The Treasurer advised that :-

·          The surplus of £1659 was slightly down on the 2015 figure due to the one off Cheshire Cricket Trust grant received towards C.A.G. course costs in 2015.

·          Our costs were slightly reduced this year

·          Expectation is that 2017 results will not be significantly different from 2016.

·          Jim Rafferty was thanked for his advice and assistance in auditing the accounts.

It was proposed by D.Totty of C.W.C.L. and seconded by i.Greensmith of C.U.& S.A.   that the 2015-16 Annual accounts and Auditors Report be adopted and this was carried unanimously.

 

5.          Election of Officers

The following Officers, having been proposed by I.Greensmith of C.U.& S.A.and seconded by M.Hasprey, East Region Representative,   were elected unanimously for 2017 -18.

Chairman                                David Humpage

Hon. Secretary                                     John Petch

Hon. Treasurer                         Stuart Anderson

Competitions Secretary            Peter Hayes

 

6.         Election of East and West Representatives

Mike Hasprey and Jim Rafferty were proposed by D.Totty of C.W.C.L and seconded by   I.Greensmith of C.U.& S.A. as East and West Region Representatives respectively and were elected unanimously for 2017-18. They represent the interests of all member clubs who play in a league that does not qualify to appoint a representative. Bob Cunningham who had been West Rep and former Secretary was thanked for his considerable contribution to Cheshire Cricket over many years.

 

7           Any Other Relevant Business

There being no other relevant business the meeting closed at 8.07 p.m with thanks to Hale Barns Cricket Club for the use of their facilities.

 

Signed as a correct record       :          

 

Dated                                      :                       

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  CHESHIRE CLUBS CRICKET COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the Planning Meeting of the Executive of the Cheshire Clubs` Cricket Committee held on Monday 20th February   2016 at Hale Barns Cricket Club

 

Present : D.Humpage (in the Chair), J.L.Petch (Secretary), S.Anderson (Treasurer), B.Huxley (Cheshire Association of Groundsmen), G.Coull (Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League), S.Needham ( Derbyshire & Cheshire Cricket League), I.Greensmith (Cheshire Umpires & Scorers Association), S.McCann ( Cheshire Women`s County Club), D.Totty (Cheshire Womens` Cricket League ), B.Boyes ( Cheshire County Cricket League ) and P.Hayes (Competitions Secretary).

Total   : ( 11 )

Apologies :   B.Bishop (Website), J.Rafferty ( Cheshire Cricket Alliance & West Rep),

M.Woollard ( C.C.B.Club & League Development Manager),   M.Hasprey ( East   Rep.), B.Birtles ( Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League) and P.Davies ( Cheshire Youth Cricket )   Total : ( 6 )

 

1.       CHAIRMAN`S WELCOME :

The Chairman thanked Hale Barns for the use of their facilities and welcomed Stuart Needham of Hawk Green C.C. representing the Derbyshire & Cheshire Cricket League and all other representatives to the meeting.

In the absence of MW, it was noted that his role is now of   : “Club and League Development Manager”. This allows for more discussion with leagues, senior & junior, both County League and the newly merged Ukfast League which is testament to the hard work and vision of the volunteers involved.

 

2. MINUTES

The Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 26th September 2016 were signed as a correct record. There were no matters arising other than those considered under the sections & paragraphs below

 

3. HON.TREASURER`S INTERIM REPORT

·          Current Bank balance £11079.00

·          Financial position very similar to that of 30/11/2016. Three cheques had been issued since then.

·          Collection of affiliation fees will start in April with arrangements to be agreed with the newly merged League.

·          The outstanding fees owed by Parkfield Liskard had been paid.

 

4.ACTION LIST 2015

Based on the 2015-17 Development Plan , the Action List for 2017 had been revised and highlighted in red and copies of this latter document had been circulated.   Discussion related to the progress since the last Planning Meeting on 26/09/2016 on the 11 AIMS within the revised Development Plan and the 25 Actions listed.

Improve Status of Cricket in the Community

1.       This action, redrafted in 2017, related to “Advice and Assistance” to clubs who had a “diminishing player base” which might affect the maintenance of senior /junior teams and “Clubmark” status. This Committee upon referral from the Leagues would offer support to struggling clubs for sustainability purposes. It was too early at this stage to know if clubs were experiencing difficulties in player retention for the coming season.

2.       It was the target to increase the number of clubs with junior sections. In this respect the ECB E.L.P “All Stars” initative for 5 – 8 year olds was developing apace. Over 60 Clubs attended a “Roadshow” at Old Trafford and 48 have signed up to date. A second tranche of 14 Clubs would attend a localised Roadshow at Warrington in late February.

3.       &.4. Clubmark would now be an online resource as part of the “My Club” online facility which will enable ECB to contact clubs directly and hold relevant information, whilst linking with DBS system, online bookings and of course Clubmark. This is a huge step forward and whilst CCB would need to convince some clubs of its benefits and train them in the use of it , in the longer term it would minimise bureaucracy for all clubs, not just accredited ones. D.C.O`s are being trained in the use of this resource to enable them to support clubs in its use.

5     There were no developments as regards Focus Clubs and re-accreditation.

6.       Generally there was no problem with requests to focus clubs to host representative cricket matches.

7.         C.I.L.S : The proposed merger of the C.C.L and C.C.A was approved at recent AGM`s held by both Leagues. The initial Management Meeting of the new League would be held on 23rd February to elect Officers and to adopt a revised Constitution and proposals to change rules.

8.       C.W.C.L : For season 2017, Astley Bridge and Northop Hall have resigned however Chester Boughton Hall will enter a Development team in div. 3. Leigh will start in Div.2 having been promoted.

The opening League fixtures start on 23rd April . Fixtures have been slightly revised and can be viewed on Play Cricket or on Pitchero.

Clubs were invited to the ECB “ All Star Initative ( See para 2 above ) Roadshow run by C.C.B and held at Warrington

9.       C.WC.C.C : A new Player Pathway has been put in place which will allow players to progress from the Cheshire youth set-up to Lancashire 2nd team and above. Lancs 2nd team will have a structured programme of fixtures against the 2nd teams of other Div One Counties in 2017.

Cheshire`s senior team will now only compete in the T20 Championship and not in the 50 over Competition. Cheshire Players are free to approach Lancashire or any other county for their 50 Over cricket whilst remaining with Cheshire for T20.

A seminar was held in January at Warrington Sports Club to discuss the growth of Women and Girls cricket in Cheshire . The C.W.C.L & C.W .C.C. had a presentation slot as part of the proceedings which was very well attended.

Development of Club Resources

10. No. of CASC clubs remained at 69 (i.e 58 focus & 11 non focus clubs).

11. Development Plans :   They do not need to be “on line” for ECB but CCB required them however a hard copy was essential and for simplicity it should be on one page of A4, laminated and distributed to all club members. A template was available on CCCC/CCB website.

12. District Forums were still active and some Autumn/Winter   meetings had been held.

13. The “Sources of Grant Aid” in on-line format had been produced in 2015 and distributed to all affiliated clubs. The next edition was due in 2018.

Development of Club Facilities

14. The CAG had been busy since the October AGM. The Newsletter for February had been sent out and CAG was more interactive with a Facebook Group set up over the close season. It has 43 members including Nick James and Ian Mather – Brewster of the I.O.G.

https: //www.facebook.com/groups/1277778455587785/?ref=aymt homepage panel

The website is www.cag.org.uk

Meetings with both ECB Pitch Inspectors had been arranged for 27th February at Oakmere C.C.( Paul Ager ) and 6th March at Hyde C.C. ( Nick James).

Open Meeting on Monday 27th March at Timperley C.C. with Dr. Kate Entwistle who was an expert on Turf Disease.

Courses :

Level 1A – Spring Preparation on Wednesday 29th March at Warrington C.C.

Level 1B – Autumn Renovation on Tuesday 5th September at Bramhall C.C.

Disposal of CAG equipment had proved problematical. It was hoped that Host Clubs could share the purchase cost with other local clubs with the aim to keep the machinery in the areas where they would most be used. Hopefully this matter would be resolved shortly. The spikers were housed at Bramhall and Tattenhall and the Autorake at Sale.

CAG requested that all League Handbooks should contain contact details of Club Groundsmen.

15. Facilities Prioritisation Panel

The FPP had met on 3rd February and 30 Cheshire Clubs would benefit to the sum of circa £70k, being 12 for covers and /or sheeting and bow drys and the remaining 18 for such disparate projects as patios, kitchens, furniture, white goods and lighting. The C.C.B had agreed to contribute £15k approx. in addition to the £55k from ECB under the ECB Small Grants Scheme.

16. Ground Facilities

Nothing to report

17. Other ECB Grants / External Funding

MW had met with ECB on 17th February to discuss several projects for potential ECB Grant Aid Funding. Further investigation required to establish which schemes can be supported during 2017.

18. Senior Recreational Cricket

The Chairman was providing regular reports to the CCB meetings.

There had been sound progress with the merger of the C.C.L and C.C.A discussed at   para. 7 above.

19. Adult Participation

The Cheshire County Cricket League had found an organiser for clubs wishing to play Sunday Friendly fixtures. 16 Clubs had confirmed that they intended to participate. The purpose was to encourage junior or senior players of any age or ability who may not wish to play league or Saturday cricket as a means of retaining them as participants.

20.   Structured Cricket for the Disabled

·          LD Tri Nations : All grounds sorted plus a couple of matches for the competing nations. It was unanimously agreed that all representative bodies in Cheshire should give   publicity to this tournament.

·          Recent Table Cricket Competition at Warrington with 4 schools attending. Winner going to Regional Competition at Old Trafford.

·          lD/PD squad applying for external funding for clothing in line with other Cheshire County teams

·          VI squad already have a near full fixture list and will also be playing county T20 matches as in 2016.

·          Gareth Moorhouse ,who has done a fantastic job on the “ Allstars” Programme, would be taking on the Disability remit as part of his Participation role.

21.   Provision of Coaches for SRC

There were now over 400 qualified coaches in the County.

22.   Provision of Umpires & Scorers for SRC

The C.U. & S.C AGM would be held on 9th March.

ECBACO Level 1 courses had been held on Sunday`s 13th & 20th November at Toft and the next courses were on Saturday`s 4th & 11th March 2017 at Oakmere.

Level 1A courses on Sundays 2nd & 9th April 2017 at Toft C.C.

Level 2/2c on Sunday`s 5th & 12th March 2017 at Oakmere C.C.

The Cheshire County Cricket League had organised refresher courses for all umpires which had been held at Oakmere C.C. and at Toft C.C. which had been well attended.

John Lofthouse had produced a Paper outlining the progression pathway for Umpires within the Cheshire set up.

  It was acknowledged that there was no reason why umpires officiating in the D & C.C.L could not interchange with the Cheshire Leagues.

James Emmerson had produced the Winter Edition of Cheshire Scorers Update and had arranged 2017 Training Courses for beginners in March and Advanced Scoring in April, details were included in the Update.

23.   Child Welfare Policy

Andy Margeson had confirmed his intention to step down at the end of 2017. The advertisement relating to this position had been put on hold until April as there appears to be several changes proposed by ECB in relation to CWO roles.

Andy had drafted an article which would be reproduced in all Leagues` Handbooks. It was agreed that JLP would send a copy to the D & C.C.League who may not be aware of it.

24.     Club Administration / Volunteers

No report

       25. Development Plan

The D.P. had been updated in 2015 for a 3 year term which would end in 2017.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

·          The draw took place for the Cheshire Cup and Cheshire Shield Competition, full details of which can be found on the website.

28 clubs had entered the Cup and 18 in the Shield, all of whom had paid the £50.00 deposit in the event of forfeiting or withdrawing from matches.

·          Cheshire has formed an Over 70`s team captained by Ken Crofton of Birkenhead Park. The Over 60`s will be captained by Nick Sharp and the O.60`s 2nd XI by Bob Ashley. There will be a Jamaican Tour and a “Grey” Ashes Tour match with Cheshire on 17th July 2017.

 

6.       NEXT MEETINGS

Executive : Monday 8th May     2017   at 8.00.p.m. at Oulton Park C.C.

Executive : Monday 24th July     2017 at 8.00 p.m. at Oulton Park C.C.

Planning   : Monday 25th Sept.   2017 at 8.00.p.m   at Hale Barns C.C.

Executive : Monday 30th Oct.     2017 at 8.00 p.m   at Hale Barns C.C.

 

The Chairman thanked those in attendance and closed the meeting at 9.15 p.m.

                       

 

 

 
 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

CHESHIRE CLUBS` CRICKET COMMITTEE

 

            Minutes of the Executive Committee Meeting held on 8th May 2017

                                                at Oulton Park Cricket Club

 

Present : D.Humpage (in the Chair), J.L.Petch (Secretary / Cheshire County Cricket Club Rep.), S.Anderson (Treasurer), P.Davies ( Cheshire Youth Cricket),

M.Hasprey (East Region Representative), B.Birtles (Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League) J.Rafferty (West Region Representative), B.Boys (Vivio Cheshire County Cricket League), A.Margeson (Cheshire County Welfare Officer.), M.Woollard ( C.C.B. Club & League Development Manager ) & P. Hayes (Competitions Secretary ) :   Total :11

 

Apologies : B.Bishop (Website Co-ordinator), I.Greensmith ( Cheshire Umpires & Scorers ), B.Huxley ( Cheshire Association of Groundsmen) & D.Totty ( Cheshire Womens` Cricket League) : Total : 4

 

  1. CHAIRMAN`S WELCOME

The Chairman thanked Su Ramsbottom & Oulton Park C.C for the use of their facilities .

  1. MINUTES

The Minutes of the Executive Meeting held on 31/10 2016 were signed as a correct record. There were no matters arising.

  1. CORRESPONDENCE

There had been two applications for C.C.C.C. small grants from Oulton Park and Winnington Park, both relating to storm damage to sightscreens and cheques for £100 each had been sent . Given the nature of the strong winds it was surprising that other clubs had not suffered damage to equipment resulting in claims for assistance.

  1. CHILD PROTECTION ISSUES

AM considered that during 2017 there were better results from DBS checks thanks to the various Leagues` heeding his message for more vigilance. He and MW were currently working through the names in League and Club Handbooks of those requiring DBS Certificates.   This task should be completed by the end of May and a list of Clubs with DBS issues would be sent to League Secretaries.

Safe Hands Courses had been run over the close season yet only recently a number of clubs had asked for its members to attend courses.

There had been two incidents. One involving a male sentenced to 3 years imprisonment at Manchester Crown Court and the other involving an arrest of a player following grooming online.

AM expressed concern at the general access to Social Media where uncorroborated comments could be made on Facebook which could affect wholly innocent Clubs and their members. Clubs need to tighten up on their Facebook pages and restrict access to “ Members Only” or a “ Close Group” and have comments “ seen and approved “   by a Club Administrator for their content.

As most knew AM would be standing down at the end of 2017 after 20 years. The Chairman on behalf of the Committee thanked AM for his diligence and efforts in this extremely sensitive area. His successor would have a hard act to follow.

 

  1. HON. TREASURER`S INTERIM REPORT

·          Current Bank balance £8600.00

·          There had been no receipts since the last meeting

·          Payments had been made of £2000.00 as a grant to the CAG and £280.00 for facilities hire to Cheshire Disability C. C.

·          Two grants of £100 each to Oulton Park and Winnington Park C.C`s

·          Statements would go out in May for 2017 Affiliation fees.

·          Thanks to the Leagues for their Handbooks.

·          The Hon Treasurer`s new e mail address was : stuart.anderson2885@gmail.com

 

  1. DEVELOPMENT PLAN and ACTION LIST 2017

Based on the 2015 – 17 Development Plan, the Action List for 2017 had been revised and considered at the Planning Meeting held on 20/02/17 and the next meeting to be held on 25/09/2017.

JLP & MW would be meeting towards the end of the calendar year to review the Development Plan & Action List for 2018.

  1. RESTRUCTURE OF THE CHESHIRE CRICKET PYRAMID

AND PLAYER PARTICIPATION.

            It was pleasing that after all the meetings and discussions that C.C.L. matches       were now being played. Unfortunately Clubs such as Norbury, Rylands, The            Groves and Alderley Park had folded and there had been clubs having to           concede matches because of player availability however 76 teams were now     competing in the merged league. There had been to date some one sided    games but competitiveness should improve as clubs find their appropriate          level or standard.

            Lindow 3`s are applying to join the Cheshire Cricket League for 2018.

            The Sunday Friendly fixtures organised by Marcus Fisher of Didsbury have           produced over 70 games for this season. It was however disappointing that      some clubs were seeking Sunday social fixtures who had not heard of this       incentive

  1. FACILITIES PRIORITISATION REPORT

Further to the FPP Meeting on 03/02/2017, 30 Clubs would benefit to share the £55k from ECB plus the contribution of £15k from CCB. Unfortunately Alderley Edge had had to pull out.

ECBGAP projects would involve Haslington who intended to purchase the freehold of their ground and Hollingworth with a pavilion development funded in conjunction with the F.A.

There would be a major development of ground and facilities at Sale Sports Club.

9.       CLUB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER`S REPORT

Re-accreditation of Clubmark was now an online resource as part of “My Club” to enable ECB to contact clubs directly and be interactive with other ECB systems such as DBS. This will affext every eCB affiliated club.

The ECB E.L.P “ All Stars programme for 5 – 8 year olds anticipated 18,000 children joining in the U.K

  1. WOMEN`S CRICKET

In the absence of DT & SMcC, there was no report.

The C.W.C.L. was now underway and well reported and publicised by the excellent “ Dazzler”.

The C.C.B would be hosting three Super” Softball Festivals this summer in support of the ICC Women`s World Cup, the venues being at   at Timperley C.C (2nd July), Warrington C.C. (30th July ) and Chester Boughton Hall

  (6th August). It would be open to women of all abilities and Jess Lewis at the C.C.B was willing to offer taster sessions at clubs prior to the events.

  1. UMPIRES & SCORERS ASSOCIATION

In his absence, IG had sent a written report :

“Our Association are meeting next Monday so I will probably have more to comment on following that meeting.

I recently attended an ECBACO Council Meeting at Leicester and there was considerable discussion on Education and Training. They are currently developing an on line course but with Law changes due in October it is not yet possible to complete. We have however been told not to hold any courses this year before Christmas till the new changes are confirmed, hopefully this will not affect our recruitment drive for more umpires. A greater emphasis is to be placed on Management of the Match which personally I fully support.

It is intended to introduce a short course to initiate a robust, consistent and independent approach to accreditation for assessors and observers. David Gane, Phil Prince and myself recently attended the updated assessors course.”

 

  1. CRICKET FOR THE DISABLED

LD Tri Nations Cup ( England, Australia, South Africa)

Fixtures were now on the website.

  1. CHESHIRE CUP / SHIELD COMPETITIONS 2016

The Draw for both competitions had been made on 20th February and the 1st Round was fixed for 21st May with a reserve date of 7days later. One club had indicated that they could not play on either date. There had been 5 clubs who applied for entry well past the closing date and could not be catered for.

 

  1. SMALL GRANTS SUB- COMMITTEE

  Applications had been received from Winnington Park & Oulton Park C.C`s. A maximum grant of £100.00 was approved for both clubs.

      15. CHESHIRE ASSOCIATION of GROUNDSMEN

There was no report however in the April Newsletter, there was confirmation of the sale of CAG equipment to Clubs. The Spring Preparation Course ( IOG 1A) was well attended . Further courses were on 5th September at Bramhall– Autumn Renovation ( IOG 1B) and IOG Level 2 on 14th October at Bramhall.

The open meeting with Kate Entwistle was well attended and very informative. The “Meet the Pitch Inspector” held at Oakmere and Hyde were poorly attended. CAG were hoping to publicise the pitch markings each week on the website

The Facebook Group now had 54 members including IOG and 4 C`s members It promised to be a useful medium for sharing ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1277778455587786

 

 

  1. CHESHIRE CRICKET BOARD LIMTED

The next C.C.B meeting would be held on 12th May at Moss Farm, Northwich.

The ECB AGM would be held at Lords on 10th May and PD would represent the CCB.

 

  1. CHESHIRE COUNTY CRICKET CLUB

The season had started well with 2 wins in the Unicorns Trophy Group stages. A win against Herefordshire would guarantee a place in the Quarter Finals on 11th June.

The policy of selecting players from outside the County was queried and was likely to be raised at the next CCB Meeting.  

 

      18. CHESHIRE YOUTH CRICKET

There was no report

 

      19. CHESHIRE COACHES ASSOCIATION

There was no report.

 

      20. CCCC WEBSITE

There had been no issues raised by Barry Bishop.

 

      21. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

There had been no reported issues with the current stock of cricket balls supplied by Readers and distributed to Clubs in both Leagues. The C.C.A had an unused supply of balls acquired from Dukes however the time to review the substantial value of the contracts with the suppliers would be at the end of the season.

 

      22. NEXT MEETINGS

Executive   : Monday 24th July 2017         at 8.00 p.m   at Oulton Park C.C.

Planning    : Monday 25th September2017 at 8.00 p.m   at Hale Barns C.C.

Executive   : Monday 30th October 2017     at 8.00.p.m. at Hale Barns C.C.

 

The Chairman thanked those in attendance and closed the meeting at

9.35 p.m.

    

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

CHESHIRE CLUBS` CRICKET COMMITTEE

 

            Minutes of the Executive Committee Meeting held on 8th May 2017

                                                at Oulton Park Cricket Club

 

Present : D.Humpage (in the Chair), J.L.Petch (Secretary / Cheshire County Cricket Club Rep.), S.Anderson (Treasurer), P.Davies ( Cheshire Youth Cricket),

M.Hasprey (East Region Representative), B.Birtles (Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League) J.Rafferty (West Region Representative), B.Boys (Vivio Cheshire County Cricket League), A.Margeson (Cheshire County Welfare Officer.), M.Woollard ( C.C.B. Club & League Development Manager ) & P. Hayes (Competitions Secretary ) :   Total :11

 

Apologies : B.Bishop (Website Co-ordinator), I.Greensmith ( Cheshire Umpires & Scorers ), B.Huxley ( Cheshire Association of Groundsmen) & D.Totty ( Cheshire Womens` Cricket League) : Total : 4

 

  1. CHAIRMAN`S WELCOME

The Chairman thanked Su Ramsbottom & Oulton Park C.C for the use of their facilities .

 

  1. MINUTES

The Minutes of the Executive Meeting held on 31/10 2016 were signed as a correct record. There were no matters arising.

 

  1. CORRESPONDENCE

There had been two applications for C.C.C.C. small grants from Oulton Park and Winnington Park, both relating to storm damage to sightscreens and cheques for £100 each had been sent . Given the nature of the strong winds it was surprising that other clubs had not suffered damage to equipment resulting in claims for assistance.

 

  1. CHILD PROTECTION ISSUES

AM considered that during 2017 there were better results from DBS checks thanks to the various Leagues` heeding his message for more vigilance. He and MW were currently working through the names in League and Club Handbooks of those requiring DBS Certificates.   This task should be completed by the end of May and a list of Clubs with DBS issues would be sent to League Secretaries.

Safe Hands Courses had been run over the close season yet only recently a number of clubs had asked for its members to attend courses.

There had been two incidents. One involving a male sentenced to 3 years imprisonment at Manchester Crown Court and the other involving an arrest of a player following grooming online.

AM expressed concern at the general access to Social Media where uncorroborated comments could be made on Facebook which could affect wholly innocent Clubs and their members. Clubs need to tighten up on their Facebook pages and restrict access to “ Members Only” or a “ Close Group” and have comments “ seen and approved “   by a Club Administrator for their content.

As most knew AM would be standing down at the end of 2017 after 20 years. The Chairman on behalf of the Committee thanked AM for his diligence and efforts in this extremely sensitive area. His successor would have a hard act to follow.

 

  1. HON. TREASURER`S INTERIM REPORT

·          Current Bank balance £8600.00

·          There had been no receipts since the last meeting

·          Payments had been made of £2000.00 as a grant to the CAG and £280.00 for facilities hire to Cheshire Disability C. C.

·          Two grants of £100 each to Oulton Park and Winnington Park C.C`s

·          Statements would go out in May for 2017 Affiliation fees.

·          Thanks to the Leagues for their Handbooks.

·          The Hon Treasurer`s new e mail address was : stuart.anderson2885@gmail.com

 

  1. DEVELOPMENT PLAN and ACTION LIST 2017

Based on the 2015 – 17 Development Plan, the Action List for 2017 had been revised and considered at the Planning Meeting held on 20/02/17 and the next meeting to be held on 25/09/2017.

JLP & MW would be meeting towards the end of the calendar year to review the Development Plan & Action List for 2018.

 

  1. RESTRUCTURE OF THE CHESHIRE CRICKET PYRAMID

AND PLAYER PARTICIPATION.

            It was pleasing that after all the meetings and discussions that C.C.L. matches       were now being played. Unfortunately Clubs such as Norbury, Rylands, The            Groves and Alderley Park had folded and there had been clubs having to           concede matches because of player availability however 76 teams were now     competing in the merged league. There had been to date some one sided    games but competitiveness should improve as clubs find their appropriate          level or standard.

            Lindow 3`s are applying to join the Cheshire Cricket League for 2018.

            The Sunday Friendly fixtures organised by Marcus Fisher of Didsbury have           produced over 70 games for this season. It was however disappointing that      some clubs were seeking Sunday social fixtures who had not heard of this       incentive

 

  1. FACILITIES PRIORITISATION REPORT

Further to the FPP Meeting on 03/02/2017, 30 Clubs would benefit to share the £55k from ECB plus the contribution of £15k from CCB. Unfortunately Alderley Edge had had to pull out.

ECBGAP projects would involve Haslington who intended to purchase the freehold of their ground and Hollingworth with a pavilion development funded in conjunction with the F.A.

There would be a major development of ground and facilities at Sale Sports Club.

 

9.       CLUB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER`S REPORT

Re-accreditation of Clubmark was now an online resource as part of “My Club” to enable ECB to contact clubs directly and be interactive with other ECB systems such as DBS. This will affext every eCB affiliated club.

The ECB E.L.P “ All Stars programme for 5 – 8 year olds anticipated 18,000 children joining in the U.K

  1. WOMEN`S CRICKET

In the absence of DT & SMcC, there was no report.

The C.W.C.L. was now underway and well reported and publicised by the excellent “ Dazzler”.

The C.C.B would be hosting three Super” Softball Festivals this summer in support of the ICC Women`s World Cup, the venues being at   at Timperley C.C (2nd July), Warrington C.C. (30th July ) and Chester Boughton Hall

  (6th August). It would be open to women of all abilities and Jess Lewis at the C.C.B was willing to offer taster sessions at clubs prior to the events.

  1. UMPIRES & SCORERS ASSOCIATION

In his absence, IG had sent a written report :

“Our Association are meeting next Monday so I will probably have more to comment on following that meeting.

I recently attended an ECBACO Council Meeting at Leicester and there was considerable discussion on Education and Training. They are currently developing an on line course but with Law changes due in October it is not yet possible to complete. We have however been told not to hold any courses this year before Christmas till the new changes are confirmed, hopefully this will not affect our recruitment drive for more umpires. A greater emphasis is to be placed on Management of the Match which personally I fully support.

It is intended to introduce a short course to initiate a robust, consistent and independent approach to accreditation for assessors and observers. David Gane, Phil Prince and myself recently attended the updated assessors course.”

 

  1. CRICKET FOR THE DISABLED

LD Tri Nations Cup ( England, Australia, South Africa)

Fixtures were now on the website.

  1. CHESHIRE CUP / SHIELD COMPETITIONS 2016

The Draw for both competitions had been made on 20th February and the 1st Round was fixed for 21st May with a reserve date of 7days later. One club had indicated that they could not play on either date. There had been 5 clubs who applied for entry well past the closing date and could not be catered for.

 

  1. SMALL GRANTS SUB- COMMITTEE

  Applications had been received from Winnington Park & Oulton Park C.C`s. A maximum grant of £100.00 was approved for both clubs.

 

      15. CHESHIRE ASSOCIATION of GROUNDSMEN

There was no report however in the April Newsletter, there was confirmation of the sale of CAG equipment to Clubs. The Spring Preparation Course ( IOG 1A) was well attended . Further courses were on 5th September at Bramhall– Autumn Renovation ( IOG 1B) and IOG Level 2 on 14th October at Bramhall.

The open meeting with Kate Entwistle was well attended and very informative. The “Meet the Pitch Inspector” held at Oakmere and Hyde were poorly attended. CAG were hoping to publicise the pitch markings each week on the website

The Facebook Group now had 54 members including IOG and 4 C`s members It promised to be a useful medium for sharing ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1277778455587786

 

 

  1. CHESHIRE CRICKET BOARD LIMTED

The next C.C.B meeting would be held on 12th May at Moss Farm, Northwich.

The ECB AGM would be held at Lords on 10th May and PD would represent the CCB.

 

  1. CHESHIRE COUNTY CRICKET CLUB

The season had started well with 2 wins in the Unicorns Trophy Group stages. A win against Herefordshire would guarantee a place in the Quarter Finals on 11th June.

The policy of selecting players from outside the County was queried and was likely to be raised at the next CCB Meeting.  

 

      18. CHESHIRE YOUTH CRICKET

There was no report

 

      19. CHESHIRE COACHES ASSOCIATION

There was no report.

 

      20. CCCC WEBSITE

There had been no issues raised by Barry Bishop.

 

      21. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

There had been no reported issues with the current stock of cricket balls supplied by Readers and distributed to Clubs in both Leagues. The C.C.A had an unused supply of balls acquired from Dukes however the time to review the substantial value of the contracts with the suppliers would be at the end of the season.

 

      22. NEXT MEETINGS

Executive   : Monday 24th July 2017         at 8.00 p.m   at Oulton Park C.C.

Planning    : Monday 25th September2017 at 8.00 p.m   at Hale Barns C.C.

Executive   : Monday 30th October 2017     at 8.00.p.m. at Hale Barns C.C.

 

The Chairman thanked those in attendance and closed the meeting at

9.35 p.m.

    

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

CHESHIRE CLUBS` CRICKET COMMITTEE

 

            Minutes of the Executive Committee Meeting held on 8th May 2017

                                                at Oulton Park Cricket Club

 

Present : D.Humpage (in the Chair), J.L.Petch (Secretary / Cheshire County Cricket Club Rep.), S.Anderson (Treasurer), P.Davies ( Cheshire Youth Cricket),

M.Hasprey (East Region Representative), B.Birtles (Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League) J.Rafferty (West Region Representative), B.Boys (Vivio Cheshire County Cricket League), A.Margeson (Cheshire County Welfare Officer.), M.Woollard ( C.C.B. Club & League Development Manager ) & P. Hayes (Competitions Secretary ) :   Total :11

 

Apologies : B.Bishop (Website Co-ordinator), I.Greensmith ( Cheshire Umpires & Scorers ), B.Huxley ( Cheshire Association of Groundsmen) & D.Totty ( Cheshire Womens` Cricket League) : Total : 4

 

  1. CHAIRMAN`S WELCOME

The Chairman thanked Su Ramsbottom & Oulton Park C.C for the use of their facilities .

 

  1. MINUTES

The Minutes of the Executive Meeting held on 31/10 2016 were signed as a correct record. There were no matters arising.

 

  1. CORRESPONDENCE

There had been two applications for C.C.C.C. small grants from Oulton Park and Winnington Park, both relating to storm damage to sightscreens and cheques for £100 each had been sent . Given the nature of the strong winds it was surprising that other clubs had not suffered damage to equipment resulting in claims for assistance.

 

  1. CHILD PROTECTION ISSUES

AM considered that during 2017 there were better results from DBS checks thanks to the various Leagues` heeding his message for more vigilance. He and MW were currently working through the names in League and Club Handbooks of those requiring DBS Certificates.   This task should be completed by the end of May and a list of Clubs with DBS issues would be sent to League Secretaries.

Safe Hands Courses had been run over the close season yet only recently a number of clubs had asked for its members to attend courses.

There had been two incidents. One involving a male sentenced to 3 years imprisonment at Manchester Crown Court and the other involving an arrest of a player following grooming online.

AM expressed concern at the general access to Social Media where uncorroborated comments could be made on Facebook which could affect wholly innocent Clubs and their members. Clubs need to tighten up on their Facebook pages and restrict access to “ Members Only” or a “ Close Group” and have comments “ seen and approved “   by a Club Administrator for their content.

As most knew AM would be standing down at the end of 2017 after 20 years. The Chairman on behalf of the Committee thanked AM for his diligence and efforts in this extremely sensitive area. His successor would have a hard act to follow.

 

  1. HON. TREASURER`S INTERIM REPORT

·          Current Bank balance £8600.00

·          There had been no receipts since the last meeting

·          Payments had been made of £2000.00 as a grant to the CAG and £280.00 for facilities hire to Cheshire Disability C. C.

·          Two grants of £100 each to Oulton Park and Winnington Park C.C`s

·          Statements would go out in May for 2017 Affiliation fees.

·          Thanks to the Leagues for their Handbooks.

·          The Hon Treasurer`s new e mail address was : stuart.anderson2885@gmail.com

 

  1. DEVELOPMENT PLAN and ACTION LIST 2017

Based on the 2015 – 17 Development Plan, the Action List for 2017 had been revised and considered at the Planning Meeting held on 20/02/17 and the next meeting to be held on 25/09/2017.

JLP & MW would be meeting towards the end of the calendar year to review the Development Plan & Action List for 2018.

 

  1. RESTRUCTURE OF THE CHESHIRE CRICKET PYRAMID

AND PLAYER PARTICIPATION.

            It was pleasing that after all the meetings and discussions that C.C.L. matches       were now being played. Unfortunately Clubs such as Norbury, Rylands, The            Groves and Alderley Park had folded and there had been clubs having to           concede matches because of player availability however 76 teams were now     competing in the merged league. There had been to date some one sided    games but competitiveness should improve as clubs find their appropriate          level or standard.

            Lindow 3`s are applying to join the Cheshire Cricket League for 2018.

            The Sunday Friendly fixtures organised by Marcus Fisher of Didsbury have           produced over 70 games for this season. It was however disappointing that      some clubs were seeking Sunday social fixtures who had not heard of this       incentive

 

  1. FACILITIES PRIORITISATION REPORT

Further to the FPP Meeting on 03/02/2017, 30 Clubs would benefit to share the £55k from ECB plus the contribution of £15k from CCB. Unfortunately Alderley Edge had had to pull out.

ECBGAP projects would involve Haslington who intended to purchase the freehold of their ground and Hollingworth with a pavilion development funded in conjunction with the F.A.

There would be a major development of ground and facilities at Sale Sports Club.

 

9.       CLUB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER`S REPORT

Re-accreditation of Clubmark was now an online resource as part of “My Club” to enable ECB to contact clubs directly and be interactive with other ECB systems such as DBS. This will affext every eCB affiliated club.

The ECB E.L.P “ All Stars programme for 5 – 8 year olds anticipated 18,000 children joining in the U.K

  1. WOMEN`S CRICKET

In the absence of DT & SMcC, there was no report.

The C.W.C.L. was now underway and well reported and publicised by the excellent “ Dazzler”.

The C.C.B would be hosting three Super” Softball Festivals this summer in support of the ICC Women`s World Cup, the venues being at   at Timperley C.C (2nd July), Warrington C.C. (30th July ) and Chester Boughton Hall

  (6th August). It would be open to women of all abilities and Jess Lewis at the C.C.B was willing to offer taster sessions at clubs prior to the events.

  1. UMPIRES & SCORERS ASSOCIATION

In his absence, IG had sent a written report :

“Our Association are meeting next Monday so I will probably have more to comment on following that meeting.

I recently attended an ECBACO Council Meeting at Leicester and there was considerable discussion on Education and Training. They are currently developing an on line course but with Law changes due in October it is not yet possible to complete. We have however been told not to hold any courses this year before Christmas till the new changes are confirmed, hopefully this will not affect our recruitment drive for more umpires. A greater emphasis is to be placed on Management of the Match which personally I fully support.

It is intended to introduce a short course to initiate a robust, consistent and independent approach to accreditation for assessors and observers. David Gane, Phil Prince and myself recently attended the updated assessors course.”

 

  1. CRICKET FOR THE DISABLED

LD Tri Nations Cup ( England, Australia, South Africa)

Fixtures were now on the website.

  1. CHESHIRE CUP / SHIELD COMPETITIONS 2016

The Draw for both competitions had been made on 20th February and the 1st Round was fixed for 21st May with a reserve date of 7days later. One club had indicated that they could not play on either date. There had been 5 clubs who applied for entry well past the closing date and could not be catered for.

 

  1. SMALL GRANTS SUB- COMMITTEE

  Applications had been received from Winnington Park & Oulton Park C.C`s. A maximum grant of £100.00 was approved for both clubs.

 

      15. CHESHIRE ASSOCIATION of GROUNDSMEN

There was no report however in the April Newsletter, there was confirmation of the sale of CAG equipment to Clubs. The Spring Preparation Course ( IOG 1A) was well attended . Further courses were on 5th September at Bramhall– Autumn Renovation ( IOG 1B) and IOG Level 2 on 14th October at Bramhall.

The open meeting with Kate Entwistle was well attended and very informative. The “Meet the Pitch Inspector” held at Oakmere and Hyde were poorly attended. CAG were hoping to publicise the pitch markings each week on the website

The Facebook Group now had 54 members including IOG and 4 C`s members It promised to be a useful medium for sharing ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1277778455587786

 

 

  1. CHESHIRE CRICKET BOARD LIMTED

The next C.C.B meeting would be held on 12th May at Moss Farm, Northwich.

The ECB AGM would be held at Lords on 10th May and PD would represent the CCB.

 

  1. CHESHIRE COUNTY CRICKET CLUB

The season had started well with 2 wins in the Unicorns Trophy Group stages. A win against Herefordshire would guarantee a place in the Quarter Finals on 11th June.

The policy of selecting players from outside the County was queried and was likely to be raised at the next CCB Meeting.  

 

      18. CHESHIRE YOUTH CRICKET

There was no report

 

      19. CHESHIRE COACHES ASSOCIATION

There was no report.

 

      20. CCCC WEBSITE

There had been no issues raised by Barry Bishop.

 

      21. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

There had been no reported issues with the current stock of cricket balls supplied by Readers and distributed to Clubs in both Leagues. The C.C.A had an unused supply of balls acquired from Dukes however the time to review the substantial value of the contracts with the suppliers would be at the end of the season.

 

      22. NEXT MEETINGS

Executive   : Monday 24th July 2017         at 8.00 p.m   at Oulton Park C.C.

Planning    : Monday 25th September2017 at 8.00 p.m   at Hale Barns C.C.

Executive   : Monday 30th October 2017     at 8.00.p.m. at Hale Barns C.C.

 

The Chairman thanked those in attendance and closed the meeting at

9.35 p.m.