|Home||2016 AGM Minutes|
CHESHIRE CLUBS` CRICKET COMMITTEE
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Monday 9th May 2016
at Oulton Park Cricket Club
Present : D.Humpage (Chairman), J.L.Petch (Secretary), S.Anderson (Treasurer), M.Woollard (C.C.B Cricket Development Manager), M.Hasprey (East Region Representative), J.Rafferty ( Cheshire Cricket Alliance), B.Boys (Vivio Cheshire County Cricket League ), G. Coull and B.Birtles (Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League),
I.Greensmith ( Cheshire Umpires & Scorers Association), P.Davies ( Cheshire Youth Cricket), D.Totty ( Cheshire Women`s Cricket League) and S.McCann ( Cheshire Women`s County C.C./C.W.C.L.) together with representatives from Elworth and Hale Barns C.C.`s.
Apologies for absence :
R.Cunningham (West Region Representative), P.Hayes ( Competitions Secretary- elect,), A.Margeson ( Cheshire County Welfare Officer), A.Axon ( Chester & District Midweek League) and B. Bishop (Website) and representatives from Oulton Park, Wallasey, The Groves and Stretton C.C.`s
1. The Minutes of the AGM held on 27th April 2015 , having been circulated to all member clubs and representatives, were taken as read and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.
2. Chairman`s Report
The Chairman welcomed all representatives of member clubs` and Leagues and Cheshire Cricket Associations and representative bodies and thanked them for their attendance.. He wished to offer thanks to all concerned who had contributed to the C.C.C.C particularly John Petch & Stuart Anderson as Secretary and Treasurer respectively and especially Mike Woollard of C.C.B. He concluded that it had been a good year particularly with the progress made in respect of the restructured Pyramid and that development of Cheshire Clubs` cricket was moving forward.
3. & 4. Hon. Treasurer`s Report and Adoption of 2014 - 15 Annual Accounts
The Treasurer presented the audited Income & Expenditure Account and Balance Sheet for the financial year ended 30th November 2015.
Income : £.7690 from Affiliation fees ( £25.00 per team per club ) plus Cheshire Cricket Board grant re costs of I.O.G courses & negligible bank interest.
Total : £8692.00
Expenditure :£1183.00 Cheshire Cup/Shield
£1436.00 Cricket for the Disabled
£2412.00 Groundsman`s courses
£1500.00 Umpires & Scorers Association
£192.00 Grant Aid booklet
£ 34.00 Other
The Excess of Income over Expenditure produced a surplus of £1935.00
Balance Sheet : £9971.00 General Fund
The Treasurer advised that :-
· The surplus of £1935 was unexpected but due to the grant from C.C.B. as a contribution to cost of Groundsman`s Courses and a reduction in overheads.
· The C.A.G has also contributed to the cost of I.O.G courses
· The contribution to U.S.& A had reduced by £500.00
· Affiliation fees had increased by amount collected from the Chester Midweek League butreduced for effect of a small number of clubs running fewer teams.
· The reserves were up to £9971.00
· Jim Rafferty was thanked for his advice and assistance in auditing the accounts.
It was proposed by P.Davies and seconded by M.Woollard that the 2014-15 Annual accounts and Auditors Report be adopted and this was carried unanimously.
5. Election of Officers
The following Officers, having been proposed by B. Birtles of The Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League and seconded by P.Smith of the Cheshire Cricket Alliance were elected unanimously for 2016 -17.
Chairman David Humpage
Hon. Secretary John Petch
Hon. Treasurer Stuart Anderson
Competitions Secretary Peter Hayes
6. Election of East and West Representatives
Mike Hasprey and Bob Cunningham were proposed by J.Rafferty and seconded by I.Greensmith as East and West Region Representatives respectively and were elected unanimously for 2016-17. They represent the interests of all member clubs who play in a league that does not qualify to appoint a representative.
7 Any Other Relevant Business
There being no other relevant business the meeting closed at 8.10 p.m with thanks to Oulton Park Cricket Club for the use of their facilities.
Signed as a correct record :